Monday, October 24, 2011

Charcoal

 We have been using charcoal sometimes when grilling meat, fish or any food that we want to, but I have no idea how charcoal is done. Last weekend as I was walking near the lake I found these pile of woods ready to get burned and turned to charcoal. It's an old fashioned way of  making them, as told by the guy whom I talked to. The firing is done for weeks and they took turns in watching them so as not burn everything and turn them all to ashes.
The use of charcoal in the Philippines is still popular for it many uses in household, horticulture which is good for growing orchids, art for charcoal drawing, medicine and many more. These are the finished products, ready for packaging and delivery.

This is my entry for Our World Tuesday.

3 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Interesting bit of history/culture there! Thanks for sharing.

Jenn said...

I still prefer the taste of food when grilled over charcoal. It's just much more of a hassle than grilling indoors with a grilling pan. :-)

Arija said...

Nice post. I would dearly like a bag of that charcoal for my orchids and for drawing too.