You know you'll already in the Pink Beach when you see this signage. It is located in Sila, just an island hop from the main island. There are no public lodging houses in this resort, so if you're planning to go to this beach, you have to bring your own tent and food. But day tour is possible if you're coming from Allen or Dalupiri Island. It is only expensive, because passenger boats going to San Vicente Island are very seldom. There are also trips coming from Bulan, Sorsogon to San Vicente once a week, but I'm not sure about it. If you're coming from Dalupiri Island, the passenger boats from the port offers day tours in Pink Beach and Capul Island for 5 thousand pesos, it is good if you are with a group. There are also passenger boats from Allen port which offers tours in Pink Beach for 5 thousand pesos also.
The pink beach in Sila doesn't only boasts about its unusual color, but it also has a spectacular underwater scenery. The presence of corals creates a colorful image just like in aquariums. The nearby islands has also this natural underwater views so do not forget to bring snorkels to make the adventure more fun!
Sila Island is also a sanctuary to birds which I had a hard time capturing because they are aloof, it must be an interesting place to bird photographers or if you're not, just simply watch them fly and hover from one tree to another. It was too bad that we didn't had the time visit the other islands due to the water condition, the waves are getting rough that's why we have to pack things and go back to Dalupiri Island but I really had a nice time, at least I know that aside from white, gray, black, brown and off-white sand beaches, a pink beach exists and it's here in my Motherland! And you have to see if for yourself! Now, going back to Dalupiri Island.
|Dalupiri Island Port|
|Sunset at Dalupiri Island|
Chasing sunset on our last day, was one of the most memorable, you know that when you just thought about it suddenly? And went out and just hailed a motorcyle to get you to the other side of the island? It was a great haste and felt joyful as we caught the sun just a minute before it sets! It was truly rewarding!
HOW TO GET THERE?
1. If you're coming from Tacloban City, take a bus going to Allen, you can either get off at Victoria (town before Allen), and take a passenger boat at the port for a fare of 30 pesos, it's a 15-minute boat ride.
2. If you're in Allen, go to the port (Allen port) and take a passenger boat for a fare of 50 pesos, it's a 30-minute travel.
3. If you're coming from Matnog, Sorsogon take RORO ferry going to Allen which is the only port you'll end up and take a boat going to Dalupiri in the same port in Allen.
San Vicente Island (Pink Beach)
1. There are passenger boats in Allen, Northern Samar offering tours in San Vicente Island particularly in Pink Beach for 5,000 pesos. It is expensive because there are no passenger boats going to San Vicente except in Bulan, Sorsogon which takes passengers once a week.
2. There are also boat operators in Dalupiri Island which offers day tours in Capul Island and Pink Beach for 5,000 pesos(negotiable).
WHERE TO STAY?
1. There are a number of resorts in Dalupiri Island.
We stayed at Seashore Spring Beach Resort at mobile no. 09177007426 and 09399101536.
Haven of Fun Beach Resort at mobile no. 09177906594 or 09173276594.
Puro Beach Resort at mobile no. 09177900243 or 09152551535
2. Pink Beach Resort. Please contact the number on the signage at mobile no. 09983445508.
Just a few reminders. I suggest that you take the tour when the weather is favorable, the water current gets too strong in a moment that might cause untoward incidents. Well the boat operators knows best when to sail or not, so take their advise. These places are untainted so please do not leave garbages in the area, just take them with you and dispose them properly. Respect the locals.